The Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System-Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH) course provides CP-12 careerists with valuable skills that can be incorporated directly to their job responsibilities.
This course is designed to teach students how to use the Defense Occupational and Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System-Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH) web-based application. This course is provided for Industrial Hygiene staff members who will be actively entering data into the DOEHRS-IH application at an Industrial Hygiene Program Office. The Industrial Hygiene Program Manager must approve an account for the student after the course for purposes of populating data, and student use and productivity will be tracked after the course and reported to USAPHC management. This course is not for individuals who have previously been through this training, or individuals who will not be actively entering data into the application.
Students are administered pre- and post-assessments as a course evaluation tool. Pre & Post Assessments will be administered through a web-based program. Students will have 3 working days to complete the web-based final assessment. Certificates are issued to students who achieve at least a 80% on the final assessment.
Please make note that 1.5 days of this course is online in Blackboard and registrants must complete the online portion of this course one week prior to travel to the face to face portion of this course.
At the end of the 4.5 day course, IH professionals will be able to:
I. Describe and differentiate between the 8 steps of the DoD IH Exposure Assessment Model via a web-based IH Information Management System, which consist of the following elements
· Define Scope of Support & Resources
· Conduct Basic Characterization
· Establish Similar Exposure Groups
· Develop Workplace Monitoring Plan
· Characterize Exposures
· Assess Exposures & Recommend Controls · Generate selected Reports · Conduct relevant Re-evaluations
II. Enter and analyze data generated in the demonstration model of the DOEHRS Information Management System.
III. Set up their local Industrial Hygiene Program Office in the production (live) model of the DOEHRS Information Management System. This will allow the students to begin entering exposure data upon their return to their work sites.
IV. Understand how Industrial Hygiene tasks (surveys, sampling, interviews) are entered into the portable tablet computers.
ABIH provides CM points for this course to those who are eligible. CEUs are issued by Career Program 12 for this course to those who meet all passing requirements.
CLASS MATERIALS: You will need speakers or headphones to hear the audio. Slide deck notes pages and classroom scenarios will be available on Blackboard. You may wish to print the slide decks and have them available during the videos or classroom lectures. Students are responsible for printing all classroom scenarios and bringing with them to the face to face portion of the course. Bring materials to take notes (pens, pencils, highlighter, self stick tabs, etc.)
Make sure you have taken the following steps PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS COURSE:
PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS COURSE, go to DCO website
PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS COURSE register for a DCO account or update your current password. Passwords expire every 30- 60 days in DCO. You may be able to gain access with your CAC but not be allowed to view the recording because your password has expired. Please make sure to update your password under your profile before the course. You will be required to have your CAC and provide a valid pin.
Save the dates on your calendar.
PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS COURSE go to the following link, log in and out with your CAC to register your username. https://amedd.ellc.learn.army.mil. (Blackboard site)
If the above steps are not completed PRIOR to application, you will not be eligible for enrollment.
The course will not be held in DCO. To enter the course, visit the Blackboard site and look under “courses”.
The pre-assessment, post-assessment and course survey are mandatory. You must complete all required portions of the course or no certificate will be issued.
With the recent Blackboard upgrade, students may experience problems if they are using Internet Explorer (IE) 7. To help alleviate browser issues students can use IE 8 or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Students can still access the course with IE7, but please delete any internet browsing history and cookies prior to viewing this course by clicking the "Tools" menu, "Internet Options", and selecting delete. Fewer issues are encountered by students who have deleted these.
Students may need to download the most current version of ADOBE Connect and Flashplayer if working from a computer not regularly updated.
All students must have completed the following courses within the last 12 months prior to attending the class:
1. On-line DoD IH Exposure Assessment Model Training. Log into training at the Military Health System Learning Portal.
2. HIPAA/Privacy Act training. This is a new combined course found on the MHSLearn website. Log into the training the Military Health System Learning Portal.
3. Information Assurance Training: Annual Information Awareness Training can be completed at this site.
ONLINE COURSE REQUIREMENT: DoD Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessment Model On-line Course - The Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessment Model is the DoD''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s business practice model and is the building block for the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System (DOEHRS-IH) application. The on-line course will explain the 8 steps that are key to evaluating and controlling workers'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' occupational exposures. As part of the course you will learn about Similar Exposure Groups and statistics that are available in the DOEHRS-IH application.
To get into the MHSLearn course you:
1. LOG into the MHS-LEARN Production server - https://mhslearn.csd.disa.mil
2. CLICK LOGIN box, then go to "click here to register." Highlight your facility then hit okay at the bottom of the screen.
3. CREATE our own password. You will receive a confirmation email with your user ID name and password.
4. COMPLETE the registration, THEN type in "Exposure" or "DOEHRS" for the DOEHRS - DoD Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessment Model" in the Catalog Search on the left. Choose Army version.
5. SELECT PLAY to start the course. (If you have trouble getting any further, contact IT Help Desk to verify you have the needed software in your computer.)
6. FINISH the modules, THEN the Certificate of Completion becomes available for view/print.
* ASK FOR HELP if you have any other problems with the online training. Please contact the help desk at (800) 600-9332 and choose options 4, 4 or email email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the Industrial Hygiene and Medical Safety Management at 410.436.3161